Anyone interested in coaching must have the proper clearances in order to coach. We accept U.S. Lacrosse NCSI background screenings OR digital/hard copies of your Child Abuse clearance, Criminal Record Check clearance, and possibly an FBI background check (details below). NCSI background screenings are good for 2yrs and all we need is your U.S. Lacrosse card number. If you provide Digital/hard copies of your clearances they are valid for 5yrs.
Digital/Hard copy clearance requirements for ALL adult volunteers responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children went into effect 7/1/2015.
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- ChildLine (PA Child Abuse History Clearance through the Department of Human Services) https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- FBI Criminal Background Check (fingerprint check) for federal criminal history records.
- If PA Resident for the past 10 years
- Signed Disclaimer affirming no charges in other states that would prohibit selection as a volunteer (here).
- If PA Resident for LESS THAN 10 years.
- Criminal Background Checks are good for 5yrs, however, if you don't have a copy you can only get a duplicate if you had the fingerprints done after 6/1/2016. If this applies to you then you can call Childline services and request a duplicate and they will mail it to you. 877-371-5422 option 7.
- If your FBI Criminal Background Check is older than 5yrs OR you no longer have access to your FBI Criminal Background check documentation then you will need to do this.....
- Go to this link. Schedule your fingerprint appointment and they will mail you a form to take with you. (ID is required)
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS PER PENNSYLVANIA LAW. ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE TURNED INTO A BOARD MEMBER BEFORE YOU ARE PERMITTED TO COACH.
If you have any questions please contact a board member. Thank you for your support of the CMYLA.